Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pinch Me

Today was the first day of a three week business trip to Buenos Aires. It is hard to travel during hockey season, however there is nothing I can do about it. I planned to watch the Islanders vs. the Rangers game tonight on my iPad, but I could not log in to Dish Network. For some reason it is not working here in Argentina. I decided to move to my laptop computer and was able to log on, but the game did not show up in the viewing guide. Just my luck. I ended up listening to the game on the WRHU Radio (the Radio Hofstra University Network). That actually made it more enjoyable. First, I always like listening to Chris King call the game because he is very good at what he does, is a big Islander fan (which helps a lot) and is a relative unknown to anyone outside of Islanders Nation. Secondly, and most important, is that the television game feed would have most likely come from the Rangers camp and their announcers are very annoying.

The first two periods were evenly played. Boychuk got the Islanders on the board first and then the Rags scored two straight before Tavares knotted up the game up at two apiece by the end of two periods. Then in the third period the Islanders exploded with four straight goals in a span of about ten minutes to breeze to a 6-3 win. The third period goals were netted by Okposo (his 100th in his NHL career), Nelson (his third in three games), Grabovski (his second of the year), and Leddy (his first as an Islander). Oh and by the way, Halak had 40 saves on 43 shots, which was no small feat in the Garden. I wish I could pick out three stars, but it is hard to do that when you listen to the game on the radio and six different players score. It was a true team win.
 

I could not be more happy about this team right now. The Islanders are 3-0 with a potent offense and a better than average defense. They can play with anyone right now. Need to keep the streak going. Thursday they are home for San Jose and then Saturday they visit Pittsburgh. It is one thing to beat the hated Rags at the Garden, it will be another if they can play well in their next two games against quality opponents.
 

It is a special season. Pinch me...I must be dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment